designed

I don't think that I've ever been as impressed with the design of our bodies as I have been this week. My wife's back quit working the way it was supposed to. It's been a very painful process for her. It's been a very humbling one for me. I'm being reminded everyday of the immeasurable ways she contributes to our family. I'm being reminded of how much I miss her being able to go anywhere with me. I appreciate the freedom of movement even more. I'm also being humbled by realizing the greatness of God's design. It's amazing how intricate the human body is. Our systems are so interconnected and developed that it only takes one small tear in one joint to almost totally immobalize the whole system. It has, if anything, strengthened my faith in an intelligent designer. It has given me many questions to ask you who are reading this who might be followers of Darwin. For example, How many years and how many mutations did it take for a spinal column to develop that would enable a fish to walk upright? How many years did they have to live their entire life in excruciating pain because it wasn't formed correctly? How long was it before the exact amount of gel needed between each vertabrae collected to relieve that pain. How long was it before the necessary nerve was connected through the spinal column to the leg in order for the leg to function properly? How many mutations were needed? How did each species survive those mutations? Why would they want to? At what point would they have had a conscience formed well enough that they decided their quality of life was such that they didn't want to survive? How long was it before chiropractors evolved to relieve a species in misery ? How long before the insurance industry evolved to the point at which it paid for it? I guess that one is still in process. How many millions of trial and error mutations had to occur before just the right one made it to another generation? Trial and error in a lab just means try again until you get the results you want. Trial and error in genetic formation means death and the end of a species. You mean to tell me that we dodged that bullet millions of times over billions of years? I guess anything is possible if you add enough years to it, especially an amount that would be impossible to calculate or monitor. No thank you. I've watched intelligent design and what happens to it when something breaks down for my entire life. I'm getting a closeup view of it over the next several weeks. I'll take my version of faith anyday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghost writing

foreground

blame