Anyone?

I feel like I'm talking to myself again. That's probably because I am. Aimless thoughts and rambling, but I remind myself that it is therapy. I write for myself, although anyone is free to listen in. It's not like a personal diary or anything. I'm thinking I could have found a more private way to express myself if secret thoughts were what I was aiming for. So it is like a conversation with myself because it's directed to no one in particular. The frustrating part is the questions. Why do I ask questions when I'm not really expecting an answer? Why did I just ask that question? I can carry on this conversation for pages or until my spell check checks out and I'm perfectly happy. Throw one question in there though and I'm a bit nervous. Nervous about no answers and nervous that sometime, somewhere an answer might actually show up. That changes everything. It's somewhat like my prayer life I guess. I talk and talk and ramble and talk to nothing in particular, at least nothing I can see. I'm not sure if I think it might make a difference. Does God need my input to keep the world spinning on its axis? (another question).
I talk so much and hear so little that after awhile that's all I expect from this relationship. It's alright by me most times. It helps me. I believe that it's more for my benefit than His anyway. It's the questions that worry me. Sometimes I think I don't expect an answer to the questions anymore than I expect a response to mindless drivel. Maybe I talk so much, He'll miss the question hidden in the conversation. What if He doesn't answer? What if He does? As I write this I wonder, perhaps, that when I get answers, the reason it can be so distressing is that I then realize that someone is listening. The conversation might matter. If that is so, then there is a whole new level of responsiblity that goes with my end of the conversation. Maybe it's not only me that benefits from this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ghost writing

foreground

blame